Young Researchers’ Travel Support
in support of attendance at IUTAM 2016
Applications for travel support can be submitted through the Paper Submission process. If you do not have all the documents required at the time that you submit your Paper, you can save submission and return to edit at a later date. Please note that all applications for travel support must be received by January 15, 2016.
To encourage graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and early career researchers who were born in 1981 or later to participate in this Congress, the organizers have established a travel support program in which a limited amount of partial travel support will be made available to qualified candidates to attend the Congress. Travel support offered will be up to a maximum of $1,000.00 CAD. Registration fees will not be waived.
Please note that applicants are fully responsible for getting to the Congress themselves, and all successful applicants will receive payment upon personal presentation at the Congress in Montreal.
15 January 2016
15 April 2016
6 May 2016
- Enrolment in a graduate training program or an appointment to a postdoctoral or early career position in the field of theoretical or applied mechanics.
- Candidates must have been born in 1981 or later.
- First and presenting author of a Paper submitted to the Congress by
15 January 2016. Only candidates who have submitted a Paper for presentation at the Congress are eligible for this program.
- One applicant per accepted Paper.
- Paper submission
- Government issued identification proving age
- A Letter of Interest indicating why the candidate should be considered for a travel award (one page maximum)
- A confirmation note from the supervisor, the appropriate Department Head or Dean, indicating that the candidate is effectively enrolled in a graduate program of the institution, is a postdoctoral fellow, or is employed in the field of theoretical or applied mechanics (one paragraph maximum)
- A list of other sources of funding available to the candidate to cover the remaining costs of Congress participation
- Applications should be submitted online with Paper Submission by
15 January 2016.
- All awardees shall receive the payment upon arrival at the Palais des congrès de Montréal (Montréal Convention Centre). No advance payments will be made.
- The travel support shall consist of a maximum value of $1,000.00 CAD to partly cover travel expenses.
- To receive their travel support, all awardees must be duly registered to the Congress.
- All applicants will be notified of the results by 8 April 2016.
- Confirmation of Eligibility
- Quality of Paper submitted
- Quality of Letter of Interest
- Potential of accessing remaining funding required to attend the Congress